b fran...

"and the Lord said unto cain, where is abel thy brother? and he said, i know not: am i my brother's keeper?" Genesis 4:9 and though our circumstances may not be as dire as that of cain and abel…at some point in our lives we will all be asked, by someone or ourselves, am i my brother’s keeper? and just like cain we have a choice to live an answer that says no or to live a life that says yes. for me my choice was obvious… cause i am my brother’s keeper…

My Photo
Name:
Location: Austin, Texas, United States

my life has been a daily reflection of the scriptures of manhood chiseled in my soul by my father’s hands and my mother’s love…poetic but true. see i’ve been blessed with example after example of selfless giving and responsibility to others (friend and stranger alike). and it is this legacy that has inspired this collection of poems that pays homage to the hoods- motherhood, womanhood, manhood, and brotherhood. and hopefully somewhere in my words you will discover what i have come to know- that the one thing that can change the world one person at a time- is respect- for women, for each other and for self. i believe this and i live this…cause i am my brother’s keeper…

Thursday, October 26, 2006

The Taste of Texas... Neo-Soul Style

Tour begins 10/26/2006...with a bang
A Taste of Texas meets a Taste of winter...shelle and I began our odyssey around 10ish. Please check shelle's blog to hear her take on the miniature rent a car. Without question we were lifted by the many prayers for our safe journey. Your prayers were answered...we did not experience any of the bad weather from the most severe storm to hit Denver in several years. We factored the weather into our trip and in fact we modified our Thursday night destination..just to be safe. Instead of rolling into Denver (after a brisk 15 hour drive) we chose to come underneath the storm by heading to Santa Rosa, NM (just 11 hours drive time). We will head up to Denver mid morning...get settled and checkout the venue. We are product rich...If you didn't know Shelle dropped her cd and book-both our amazing; we have a tour poster; I have my old book and a new cd (with the amazing talents of Adesewa and Trey...and Rocky). We are too excited to be tired...(but I think we are)...We are going to do our best to represent...the true spirit of neo soul. Now to the crazy Sh@t... we saw on our way to Denver- first and foremost when driving in West Texas know that tumbleweed when assisted by a 35 mph wind at night is some scary stuff- we saw one that darted in front of our car(darted as if it had a mind of its own)- description six feet in diameter, very weedy and at least 5lbs. Then we saw the lawn jockey's sitting comfortable on a tree swing in Hale Center, just a stone throw away from 15 acres of cotton...I gotta run shelle needs to get on to check her e-mail and blog...

7 Comments:

Blogger bRandy said...

i am glad you two are safe and having fun...keep us posted...we'll be praying for you all the way!

8:12 AM  
Blogger Angel said...

don't be afraid of tumbleweeds...just a huge ball of twigs, sticks, and some thorns...wouldn't hurt a fly! LOL! :-)

1:48 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

welcome!!!!!

10:22 AM  
Blogger Shelle said...

my crazy behind wanted to go full fledge into the storm...sometimes i may be too adventurous, glad i caved in and said okay...the ride in the daytime thru CO was breathtaking, wouldn't of seen its glory at night.

10:30 AM  
Blogger Raging Bull said...

Baby Bro!! This journey and blog are powerfull!! Glad the trip got off to a safe start. Much Love!!

David

6:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You suck, and the Hikings suck also, matter of fact your Teams with the exception of (ND) all suck. Matter of fact your teams suck so much they should be called a Succubus, I am re-naming sucking teams in your honor. When I think of things that suck and are terrible I wil immediately think of your teams, I will think of BFran's list of horrible teams and relish the thought that my mentor has the worst choice in teams !!!

Peace, Blessings, get home safely and remember you suck.

Humbly submitted,

The Simon of Poetry

6:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

BFran, it has been my pleasure to know you and your family. My life is blessed every time I am with you and yours...

- DLWoods@DCCCD.EDU

1:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home