b fran...

"and the Lord said unto cain, where is abel thy brother? and he said, i know not: am i my brother's keeper?" Genesis 4:9 and though our circumstances may not be as dire as that of cain and abel…at some point in our lives we will all be asked, by someone or ourselves, am i my brother’s keeper? and just like cain we have a choice to live an answer that says no or to live a life that says yes. for me my choice was obvious… cause i am my brother’s keeper…

My Photo
Name:
Location: Austin, Texas, United States

my life has been a daily reflection of the scriptures of manhood chiseled in my soul by my father’s hands and my mother’s love…poetic but true. see i’ve been blessed with example after example of selfless giving and responsibility to others (friend and stranger alike). and it is this legacy that has inspired this collection of poems that pays homage to the hoods- motherhood, womanhood, manhood, and brotherhood. and hopefully somewhere in my words you will discover what i have come to know- that the one thing that can change the world one person at a time- is respect- for women, for each other and for self. i believe this and i live this…cause i am my brother’s keeper…

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

From the # 1 team in 2006 to the # 1 team in 2005

yesterday we left, with much sadness, Denver on our way to Albq. it was approximately 6 hours of the most amazing scenery i have ever seen in my life. the mountains of denver were still snowcapped and the endless platueas of new mexico were breathtaking. and if that were not enough...some 75 miles or so outside of albq...sunset came and God filled the sky with the most beautiful and unique colors and patterns. i marvelled at every blessed stroke of his hand. and it was with this image that we rolled into albq, on halloween, our host for the night don mciver and mindy were great. they opened up there home and the home their friends to us. they treated us like fam...thank you thank you... we also got to spend some time with danny solis and of course the man who arranged all of this for us...mr. eric bodwell. we chilled a little sippin on heineken and chomping popcorn. they handed out candy to some 500 kids, yea...they take halloween serious around here...i called it a night...to get ready for our big day...(workshop in the morning and a feature at night)...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the hand-raising at 2:50, b/c some people would take the crown if not for the time penalty. At that time the poet can decide whether they want to contine or do their own thing! We may have to write a procedures manual for to groom fill-ins or replacements.

11:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home