b fran...

"and the Lord said unto cain, where is abel thy brother? and he said, i know not: am i my brother's keeper?" Genesis 4:9 and though our circumstances may not be as dire as that of cain and abel…at some point in our lives we will all be asked, by someone or ourselves, am i my brother’s keeper? and just like cain we have a choice to live an answer that says no or to live a life that says yes. for me my choice was obvious… cause i am my brother’s keeper…

My Photo
Name:
Location: Austin, Texas, United States

my life has been a daily reflection of the scriptures of manhood chiseled in my soul by my father’s hands and my mother’s love…poetic but true. see i’ve been blessed with example after example of selfless giving and responsibility to others (friend and stranger alike). and it is this legacy that has inspired this collection of poems that pays homage to the hoods- motherhood, womanhood, manhood, and brotherhood. and hopefully somewhere in my words you will discover what i have come to know- that the one thing that can change the world one person at a time- is respect- for women, for each other and for self. i believe this and i live this…cause i am my brother’s keeper…

Saturday, November 04, 2006

There's no place like home...

After a brisk 14 hour drive shelle and I made it back home...around midnight. The "mini" tour was a whopping success on all levels. I found new inspiration...I am still working on me and my emotions surrounding Tweety's death. I have a note book full of ideas. I have a mind full of incredible memories. Poets (neo souldiers and poetic friends alike) I have a lot of information and insight to the dos and dont's for how to travel (not all the answers after one trip..but a lot more than I did before). The contacts...no the friends and fans that we made along the way will be lasting...both Denver and albq have incredible poetry scenes...I highly recomend a trip to either. I will be chilling today at home and watching football with my brother... holla...

6 Comments:

Blogger bRandy said...

welcome back brian...i am glad you had a safe and meaningful journey...that's what this life is all about...

10:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wouldn't it be wonderful to do this in Austin? I would love to be a part of somthing like this. First I would have to actually attend one of your writing workshops though--baby steps!

11:12 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

welcome back!!!!!

4:55 AM  
Blogger CousinSarah said...

I DIDNT KNOW YOU HAD A BLOG!!!!

IM GONNA WHOOP YOU!!!

:D LOVES YA...

8:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey your team sucks, it still sucks, but I am happy you guys have returned home safely. You know sometimes I feel inspired by your exploits, then I wake up and realize I never get inspired by a Hikings fan :) Now I bet you are going to have little Native American kids walking around giving each other the nod, and singing how they will ride a camel or row a boat to get to their lover. Anyway glad you are back, Peace out, the Hikings suck, but you are awright.

Peace,

The Simon of Poetry

5:26 AM  
Blogger SLUMP FACADE said...

I'd appreciate it if you made your thoughts public, especially the insight concerning trip taking. I anticipate having to put together a mini-tour this summer and would appreciate any advice you can offer. Thanks!

1:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home